Hair Conditioner for Sensitive Skin
A basic hair conditioner that does not build up. It’s free of many ingredients that may cause skin sensitivities in some individuals, and it is also fragrance free.Apply to damp hair leave-in for 1-2 minutes and rise out.
Formula:Test Batch 100g/3.6oz % / grams / ounces
1) Water (diluent) 83.8% / 83.8g/ 3.0oz
2) Propanediol 1,3 (humectant) 2.0% / 2.0g / 0.07oz
3) Glycerin (humectant) 2.0% / 2.0g / 0.07oz
4) Cetearyl Alcohol (emulsifier) 2.0% / 2.0g / 0.07oz
5) Isoeicosane (emollient) 2.0% / 2.0g / 0.07oz
6) Conditioner SD (Stearamidopropyl 4.0% / 4.0g / 0.14oz dimethylamine) (conditioner)
7) Ceteareth-20 (emulsifier) 2.0% / 2.0g / 0.07oz
08) Provitamin B5 (vitamin) 1.0% / 1.0g/ 0.04oz
9) Caprylyl Glycol EHG (Caprylyl glycol, 1.2% / 1.2g / 0.04ozethylhexylglycerin) (humectant with anti-microbial properties)
10) Citric Acid (acidulent) q.t / to pH 5.5Total 100%
Add phase A to a clean mixing vessel, blend well and heat to 65C/150F.Add phase B to another clean mixing vessel and heat to the same temperature.Add phase A to phase B and blend well. Remove from the heat source.Use a stick blender or homogenizer to blend well. Cool to room temperature.Add phase C one by one and blend well. Test pH and adjust to pH 5.5-6.5 with citric acid, stir for 1-2 minute before re-testing the pH, repeat if necessary.Fill into appropriate containers.